5 Tips to get Your Refrigerator Clean and Organized
Do you have a messy and dirty refrigerator? We are here to help you eliminate all of the grime inside and outside your refrigerator to make your refrigerator run more efficiently. In the process of cleaning your refrigerator, you can set new organizational guidelines to find things easier and keep from finding spoiled and rotten food in the back.
1. Start by cleaning the outside of the refrigerator. The most important part is to clean off the dust, dirt, and grime off of your refrigerator coils. The condenser is usually located in the back of the fridge or at the bottom of the fridge. You can also wipe down the front of your refrigerator with cleaner or stainless steel cleaner.
2. Take out all of the food in your refrigerator, throwing away any old or close to expiring food. Wipe down sticky jars and containers that might have dripped along with wiping down inside of the refrigerator walls. You can even use your vacuum to clean the crumbs in those tight corners, doors, and bins.
3. Replace old water filters to make your water fresher. Filtration systems block carbon, charcoal, and other chemicals and debris from going into your water. These can fill up and make your water taste harsh and gross. The water filters should be replaced every 6 months for best results.
4. To eliminate odor from your refrigerator and freezer, replace or place a Fresh Flow Filter. This will make your refrigerator smell better, but also make your food taste more fresh and tasteful. Replace this every 6 months.
5. Once your refrigerator is looking almost new again, you can start organizing your food into your refrigerator. You can use a Lazy Susan or turntable in a shelf so you never forget what is in the back of your refrigerator. Small bins or baskets can be helpful to keep your fruits and vegetables organized. Place labels on doors and baskets so you can find things much easier.
If you need help finding your coils to clean or the correct filter for your refrigerator, give one of our stores a call and we can gladly help you.